You may know some of them, or all of them already. I found them all over the internet, things that I find amusing, some made me smile, some are annoying, some even left me dumbfounded. I thought it's fun having them here. Here goes:
1. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
most often stolen from public libraries.
2. Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? A. One thousand
3. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321. - (source: Useless Facts Weird Information Humor)
4. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about 10.
5. In ancient China, doctors could receive fees only if their patient was cured. If it deteriorated, they would have to pay the patient. (I would be happy if this is implemented in my country)
6. Somnambulism, also known as sleepwalking, is thought to affect between 1% and 15% of the American population. The causes are cited to be anything from restless leg syndrome to mental illness, and the manifestations are even wider spread. There are some cases where people have been said to cook, eat, engage in sexual activity, and even murder…all in their sleep. - source: Bizarre Medical
7. In Los Angeles, CA, it is an offense to lick a toad. Apparently, people were getting high off them! (This explains a lot about the princess and the frog. The frog never turned into a prince, the princess merely thought the frog turned into a prince because she was high from kissing it!) - source: Weird Laws, Turtle Zen
8. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women! - source: StrangeFacts.com
9. Unnecessary body part: The Appendix: Yep, your appendix is basically useless. While it does produce some white blood cells, most people are fine with an appendectomy. - source: The Nurse Nut
10.Your hearing decreases when you overeat: When you eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear. So consider eating healthy — and only until you are full. - source: The Nurse Nut
Sunday, November 21, 2010
I was checking my facebook wall and had read my FB friends talk about this song. Memories came rushing back... First heard this song from my eldest sister (Ate Vi) , learned how to play the guitar chords from my other sister (Ate Emie), and eternally loved singing it since.
Classic and timeless.
(Credits go the the creator of this video)
Posted by ramnred at 3:48 AM